Experience a winter dolphin and whale adventure along the rugged southern coastline of Phillip Island.
Depart San Remo cruising past the striking cliffs and caves of Cape Woolamai as you keep lookout for humpback and southern right whales, searching for that immense blow in the distance, the smooth footprint on the water, or that glancing dorsal fin, then edging closer to view these gentle giants.
These whales can display a variety of behaviours from tail and peduncle slapping, spy-hopping, breaching, feeding, whilst others are just travelling through the area.
A regular visitor on these cruises is the resident common or bottlenose dolphins are regularly spotted during the tour alongside the bow playing the wake. Our captain and crew will keep you informed with interesting commentary and wildlife interpretation through the course of your cruise.
An amazing opportunity to find whales only a 1.5 – 2-hour drive from Melbourne.
- Encounters with migrating humpback and/or southern right whales (Expected 80%)
- Be captivated by dolphins frolicking alongside the boat (Expected 80%)
- Discover a natural habitat for seabirds such as Shy Albatross and Australasian gannets
- Learn about the history of the area and insights about the marine life
- 3-hour Phillip Island southern coast cruise
- Regular seals and sea bird sightings
- Captain’s commentary
- Licensed Bar
- Afternoon Tea – Cake and Biscuits
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee
- San Remo Jetty Departure
San Remo Jetty
170 Marine Parade, San Remo VIC 3925
For Whale enthusiasts please check out our Whale Season Pass