Experience the thrill of a high speed 90 minute boat ride along Phillip Island’s rugged and spectacular coastline to enjoy an up close encounter with one of Australia’s largest colonies of fur seals. As the EcoBoat slips in to a protected inlet between the two rocky plateaus, visitors will enjoy some fantastic, up close viewing of the rock’s inhabitants. Naturally curious and playful, the seals come to greet the boat and check out its occupants, all the while putting on an amazing and amusing show as they duck their heads in and out of the water and play a game of leap-frog with each other.
See the Nobbies blowhole, shaped by centuries of pounding wave action, and pass the “pirate’s cave” at the base of the Nobbies rock formation, visible only from the water. There’s enough time for a quick stop at the Cat Bay National Surfing Reserve, famous for its longboard break, before your experienced captain puts the EcoBoat through its paces with a bit of wave-running. Your tour concludes as you pull in at the jetty in plenty of time to make it to the sunset viewing at the Penguin Parade.
Click here to book the EcoBoat Adventure Tour
Things to know:
- All Participants on the Ecoboat must be over 4 years of age.
- All Participants must be at least 100cm tall.
- Passengers with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Please dress warmly.
- Tour departs from Cowes jetty unless otherwise notified
- Please arrive 20 minutes before tour departure time.
- Tour includes waterproof jacket use, bottle of water and ginger tablets.
- Tour times and/or departure location may be altered or cancelled due to sea conditions and passenger numbers
***Due to Cowes jetty triangle construction please allow extra time to find parking and boarding.***