Embark on a winter whale adventure discovering Phillip Island’s picturesque coastline.
Depart Rhyll to circumnavigate Phillip Island*, keeping a lookout for humpback and southern right whales, searching for that immense blow in the distance, the smooth footprint on the water, or a glancing dorsal fin, then edging closer to view these majestic mammals.
Whales exhibit a range of behaviours from tail and peduncle slapping, spy-hopping, breaching, feeding, whilst others are just travelling through the area.
When touring around Phillip Island you will visit Seal Rocks where thousands of curious Australian Fur Seals can be spotted in the water and on the rocks, going about their day in this natural habitat.
Common or bottlenose dolphins are a regular sight on the cruise and can often spotted playing in the wake of the boat.
Our captain and crew will keep you informed with historic commentary and wildlife interpretation through the course of your cruise.
A fantastic opportunity to experience whales only 1.5 – 2 hour drive from Melbourne.
- Encounters with migrating humpback and/or southern right whales (Expected 80%)
- Be captivated by dolphins frolicking alongside the boat (Expected 80%)
- Discover a natural habitat for seabirds such as Shy Albatross and Australasian gannets.
- Be enthralled by thousands of Australian fur seals when visiting Seal Rocks
- Learn about the history of the area
- Gain insights about the marine life and wildlife that populate Phillip Island and surrounds
- 4-hour Phillip Island coastal cruise
- Regular whale and dolphin sightings (expected 80% – not guaranteed)
- See thousands of seals at Seal Rocks*
- Circumnavigate Phillip Island*
- Wildlife information and interpretation
- Licensed bar
- Delicious freshly made lunch
- Morning Tea
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee
*Weather conditions allowing